Our Carbon Commitment
Our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint
We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and have purchased carbon credits to offset our carbon usage.
The carbon credits we have purchased are supporting biodiverse reforestation in the Yarra Yarra Biodiversity Corridor north of Perth, Western Australia (WA). The corridor includes the Koolanooka Dam Nature Reserve, Bowgada Reserve and the Moonagin Threatened Ecological Community. This region is recognised as a global biodiversity hot spot and the opportunity to permanently connect habitat corridors at this scale has unique and significant environmental benefits.
As part of the reforestation, multiple tree and shrub species native to the area are planted, which help to restore large areas of marginal and degraded farmland.
Bondi Joe is proud that these carbon credits are helping deliver social, economic and environmental benefits, including:
- Creating biodiversity habitat for rare and endangered flora and fauna;
- Creating connectivity between existing remnant vegetation;
- Restoring degraded areas damaged by salt, wind and water erosion;
- Employment including local Indigenous people, and liaison with traditional owners;
- Aboriginal heritage sites recognised and registered with the Department of Indigenous Affairs Registry; and
- Creating new industry in rural areas and expenditure with local businesses.