A Closer Look at the Streets We Name Our Board Shorts After Part 2
If you're not from the area, you may not know that each of Bondi Joe's styles is named after a street in Bondi! They aren't the biggest streets, we just love the names and how close they are to the action! In this article, we'll be going over the second half of our collection! Do you recognize any of these street names? For more information about our design men's swimwear, visit www.bondijoe.com.
- Distance from Bondi Beach: a 6-minute drive, 2.8 km
- What's on the street? Like many of our inspiration streets, Anglesea Street is largely residential. There are several large apartment/condo complexes on this road, perfect for those looking for a place to live near the beach! There are also smaller, more traditional homes that have all been well-lived-in over the years. Once you move in, you tend to stick around! You can also find the Electrical Department Substation No269 on this street, but you won't be able to see it inside. It's in a lovely little building but is protected by large fences to keep pedestrians safe from electrical activity.
- The Swimwear: These stunners are a modern take on the polka-dot with pops of blue, pink, white, and green on a blue fabric. The dots are not perfect, because we know that you're a free spirit and have a carefree attitude! From far away, Anglesea may appear to be your run-of-the-mill blue swim trunks, but as you approach it becomes apparent that they're designed and made with love! The shades used in Anglesea will highlight any tan that you may get during the day, and who doesn't love that?
- Distance from Bondi Beach: a 4-minute drive, 1.5 km
- What's on the street? Wonderland Ave is a dead-end road lined by gorgeous houses. There's also the Bronte/Tamarama Beaches Accommodation for visiting tourists to stay. Wonderland connects to Dellview Lane, another of our shorts' namesakes. Wonderland Ave commemorates a very rich part of Tamarama's past. Named after Wonderland City from 1906, a hugely popular theme park-type attraction in the city. According to The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences, "attractions included ‘an artificial lake, a roller-skating rink (run by George Marlow), double-decker merry-go-round, Haunted House, Helter Skelter, a switchback railway (moved from its original site above the beach to the rear of the Tamarama park), a maze, fun factory, one-kilometer miniature railway (on the south slope), the Airem Scarem (a captive airship that tracked on a wire from cliff to the cliff by electricity), waxworks, Katzenjammer Castle, Hall of Laughter, Box Ball Alley, a boxing tent, seal pond, circus ring, movie house, penny parlor, Alice the elephant and other animals, the Japanese tearooms and Swiss Chalet (slide). The Kings Theatre, a kind of music hall, could seat 1,000 people." Now, the heritage is remembered through this humble Avenue.
- The Swimwear: Wonderland is one of our best-selling designs! Customers can't get enough of the bright colors and bold print. This pattern features a zygocactus tropical print with pops of pink and green on a classic dark navy background. They're as much fun as the theme park that inspired the street name!
- Distance from Bondi Beach: a 5-minute drive, 1.7 km
- What's on the street? On the corner of Wellington Street, you'll find the Bondi Mini Supermarket. As the name suggests, this is a small grocery store, similar to American convenience stores. You can find all your essentials if you need them quickly! Wellington Street is also a popular residential road with apartments and homes on both sides. Being in Bondi, it's no surprise that yet another street has residential properties; who wouldn't want to live here? You can also find the Bondi Executive Penthouse on Wellington Street, a high-end rental apartment. According to Bondi Beach Holiday Homes, "This executive top floor penthouse residence is within a boutique security block of only 12 and just moments from the Bondi Beach restaurant & café hub of Hall Street, as well as, 6-8 minute walk to the famous surf & sand of Bondi Beach. With a large north facing & private entertainer’s terrace that wraps around to the master bedroom balcony, this home is sun-soaked & light-filled all day."
- The Swimwear: Wellingtons are so much fun! They pair perfectly with a white or pink t-shirt when you're ready to go from the beach to the bar. If you're not a fan of big prints, but love to show off your personality, these are perfect for you! Wellingtons have fun pops of pink and white triangles on a navy blue background. They're classy from afar, and funky up close! Like all of our swim trunks, Wellingtons have three big pockets so that you can carry your wallet, keys, shades, and more without having your hands full. Just be sure to take your phone out before hitting the water!
- Distance from Bondi Beach: a 6-minute drive, 2.9 km
- What's on the street? Jackaman Street is yet another residential area of Bondi, lined with gorgeous homes that are filled with loving families! These homes are rarely ever vacant because as soon as they hit the market, someone is ready to snatch them up to be just 6 minutes from Bondi Beach! The area is so safe and gorgeous that you could even walk to the ocean. Another notable entity on Jackaman Street is the London Carriage Preschool and Nursery. It's a private, high-end child care center complete with a preschool program. Any child would be lucky to enter into a program like this, which is why it's so popular in the city!
- The Swimwear: Jackaman swim trunks are perfect for everyone! We took polka dots and made them a designer! Featuring green and black polka dots on a blue background, Jackamans are as stylish as they are comfortable! The multiple colors give you options for what shirt to pair with them when you're ready to head out for a bite to eat. They dry extremely quickly so that you can have a day jam-packed with fun without having to worry about changing your clothes!
Dellview Street and Dellview Lane
- Distance from Bondi Beach: a 3-minute drive, 1.3 km
- What's on the street? On Dellview Street, you'll find the Bondi Beachouse YHA 4-star hotel, Tama Beach House Rentals, bus stops, and some enormous homes! Just off of Dellview Street is Dellview Lane, which connects to Wonderland Avenue! This entire area is mainly residential and has several options for short-term stays. There are apartment complexes, condos, single-family homes, and more! With just a 3-minute drive, who wouldn't want to live here?
- The Swimwear: Bondi Joe's Dellview swim trunks are perfect for the beach or pool! They feature a blue-on-blue floral pattern that says "tropical but classy." If you don't like bold patterns but shy away from plain board shorts, Dellview is the perfect choice for you! Blue is the color of summer, and Dellview is a pattern like no other! Make a statement this season and pick up a pair for yourself!
- Distance from Bondi Beach: a 5-minute drive, 2.5 km
- What's on the street? Watson Street is filled with many smaller homes rather than large complexes. Dozens of families inhabit the street, enjoying the proximity to Bondi Beach. On the corner of Watson Street and Bondi Road, there's a Chicken and Grill restaurant that is sure to please the whole family! You can also stop by the Fruitologist Bondi, a high-end, gourmet grocery store! If you love to cook or bake, you should definitely visit Fruitologist at least once!
- The Swimwear: Watson is our most understated style, featuring a plain black fabric. Like all of our shorts, Watsons are made from 100% recycled material. You truly can't go wrong with classic black shorts. They're the easiest of our styles to pair with a tee since just about any color or pattern will match! Though not as exciting as some of our other designs, Watson is every bit as comfortable, and you are guaranteed to love them. Board shorts don't need to have a pattern to be a designer, as our Watson style shows!
This is only half of our collection of incredible, eco-friendly designer men's swimwear. If you're ever in the area, we encourage you to take a little trip to some of these streets! Bondi is a beautiful place to be, so you won't mind walking a little bit. You'll stumble upon many shops and eateries and you'll probably bump into a few friendly residents or tourists on the way! If you love any of these styles, you can order a pair today for Free Shipping! Visit www.bondijoe.com to browse the collection!